Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of ________

Kicking off the big week by going to see Blake Mycoski, founder and chief shoe giver for TOMS Shoes! I'm a little intimidated in the fact that I am going to Vanderbilt Langford Auditorium to see him. There are over 1,000 people who have RSVP'ed attending and a majority of them is their Campus Club.

I have just started our Campus Club this semester at O'More and we will be lucky to have 15 people. . .granted, we are a small school comprising of no more than 200 students, but still you can see how I could be intrigued at the large group.

This will be a great experience, nonetheless. I will meet more people filled with the same passion that grows every day for me.

OHHHH I have some great news too!!! I haven't heard anything about the internship, BUT . . . . . check out this picture AHHHHHHHH Does that map look familiar???? I can't believe they tweeted about me!!!!! Well, about my promotional piece!!! I was soooo excited! I am trying not to get too ahead of myself, but I am happy I made an impression and that I am doing my best and working my hardest to be apart of something that I truly have a passion for.

I will let you know how it goes tonight :)

Thursday and Friday I will be attending the AIGA DISH Conference at Lipscomb University.

I decided to enter the Show Off competition in hopes to win the MacBook Pro that they are giving to the Best in Show. Even if I don't win, this will also be a great opportunity to see and meet some great people and studios here in the Nashville area. Not to mention, I will be given a portfolio review by people other than my department head at school. Not that his input isn't duly noted, it's just that it is only one opinion.

I do want to give a big shout out to some of my fellow classmates and congratulate them on the Addy awards they have won! 7 students, 20 awards!!! AMAZING!

This weekend I will be traveling back to Cookeville, I guess you could call it home but I'm not going to, to celebrate the engagement of two friends. I cannot wait to see my dad, I haven't seen him since Christmas . . . and I miss him so much! I will also get to see my best friend from High School! She's a pretty amazing lady and it's been even longer since I have seen her :(

So, yeah, it's going to be a busy week. I will survive. . .I always do and it makes me stronger in the process!

I will give everyone an update as I go along and I hope you stick around.

DON'T FORGET!!!

STYLE YOUR SOLE PARTY IS 3/27 AND YOUR LAST DAY TO ORDER YOUR SHOES WILL BE 3/8!! ORDER HERE


Thanks so much to Chick-Fil-A of Franklin for coming on as one of our sponsors for the event!


No comments: