Monday, February 15, 2010

WOW Whatta Show The Features Bloggini




I have claimed to be very very busy, and I have. But there has been a little me/fun time thrown in there every now and again.

I really enjoy listening to and taking in good music. The fact that I know and/or have connections to the bands make it even better. I absolutely LOVE The Features! You can ask anyone who knows me. I am an uber fan! Not to the point that I am a crazy stalker or anything . . . that's just weird, but if i have the opportunity to go to a show, involve them with charitable events, or to share their music with friends, I do! Not to mention, I may have a slight crush on the drummer, but no worries. . .the husband knows, and is ok with it ;)

Their last show in the US was on February 5th at Exit/In. I knew this several weeks prior and decided to wait to buy tickets, I figured it wasn't a big deal and I would get some.

Well, a few weeks before, I go and talk to my friend (who happens to be a wife of a member) who said that there was a ridiculous rumor going around that Kings of Leon were going to play at that particular show. I was like "REEEAAALLLYYY" only because it was kind of a surprise. Don't get me wrong, I like KOL, but I am a much bigger The Features fan. I mean comm'on they are two different sounds and everything about The Features says "I'm going to put you in a good mood, I'm going to make your day ten million times better than it was before you turned me on". KOL on the other hand kind of puts me down a little or if I really just have to be in the mood for it.

Back to the story, I go online to buy tickets, and they are SOLD OUT! I was nearly to tears. I even got in a fight with a guy on Craigslist because he thought he knew what he was talking about and that KOL was going to be there and trying to sell two tickets for $250 each when face value was $10! Out of his f'n mind!!!

I posted a want ad on Craigslist and luckily was contacted and purchased two tickets for the show from a guy in Michigan. Sucks that he had to sell them and missed a great show, but ROCKED for me because I made it!!

I have seen The Features about 5 or 6 times now and the shows just get better and better!! I suggest you see them when they come to a town near you. I swear you won't be let down. All the energy the great music I mean DAMN, what more could you ask for.

They are on the new Tap Tap Revenge 3 iPhone App. (I have), they are in Fringe Magazine which is a local Nashville magazine, they will be featured in NME magazine, they are helping with a TOMS Style Your Sole event which they will be designing and signing a pair of TOMS to be auctioned the week of March 1st. . .I will be keeping you posted on this. . .we already auctioned off these shoes:

All I'm saying, is don't deprive yourself of a great band because you have never heard of them. You are probably missing out on the next big thing!

The Features Website


The Features Poster I made for an event


A sick giveaway that I am super sad I missed!














No comments: